Monday, August 06, 2007

index my heart, index my heat


Up until this weekend, I had forgotten how much I hate my lovely barely air conditioned house. We have a tiny AC unit on the side of the house that emits just a whisper of cool air during the summer. The sweltering weekend reached up to 90-something at one point. Even my anti-AC, "I heart window fan" husband brought in the extra troops--our second AC unit, which we installed in our bedroom window. That unit, so icky and awkward and big and loud, was a godsend (This is where my husband would say, "that's what she said". I second.) Every year I am reminded that we need to update the AC--primarily because dualing units are a fire hazard for the outdated electrical system, something that the electrican will probably be reminding me when he visits us on Friday. I'll be so glad when October is here.

No comments: