Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Our Mayor, Mike Coleman is a big fan of the Pearl Alley Market. I myself was down at the market today, in fact, doling out information about a non-profit I work for. As I got up to leave, I spotted the city big whig with his bodyguards (2 of them, in fact).

On my way out, I told the pie selling ladies from southeastern Ohio that the Mayor was around. Maybe he'd buy a pie. One of them then turned to me and asked, "now which one is he, the big one?," referring to the bodyguards. I looked around and noticed everyone's eyes on the Mayor and his staff and said, "no. He's the one with the glasses."

And at that moment, the Mayor became just another passer by lookin' for some goods--and not buying nothin'.

Now until the end of October you can get some goodies from MaMaw's on Tuesdays and Fridays at the Pearl Alley Market in Columbus, OH (if you can make it).

No comments: